Friday, November 30, 2012

The Latest Makayla Update

Bonnie 'German' BrownMy name is Makayla!  On Sunday, September 30, 2012, I was going to pick up a friend of mine for church while helping on my Dad's bus route.  As I was crossing the street, I was hit by a car, stabilized at Benefis Hospital in Great Falls, and then flown to Harbor View Hospital in Seattle.  I am currently in critical, but stable condition.  
My family and I really support all of your love, prayers, and support!  Please feel free to leave comments of encouragement and love.  Please share my page with every one that you can, because prayers are the most important thing that can help me right now.

Update:
From Eric Brown
Yesterday evening was a time of answered prayer! They transitioned her to her G tube and were able to take the NG tube out of her nose. So no more tubes in her face!!!

Not only that, but they did another CT scan yesterday for her neck to evaluate if she still needs her J-collar. They manipulated her head and neck all around while doing a CT. They came back yesterda

y afternoon with the news Jeannette and I have been waiting to hear: she no longer needs her collar! Praise the Lord God!!!

She looks so good without it! And with her hair growing back pretty fast, she's starting to look like her normal self! They are transitioning her off the dilautid pump to giving her pain meds every 4 hours through her G tube today. This will be a big step for starting rehab! We're just praying she is healed enough from the surgery to come off the pump.


She is still having trouble with vomiting. She got sick yesterday on the way back from the CT scan. This is still the "big" issue that is keeping her from starting rehab. What's funny, is the realization that this is her "big" problem. It really doesn't seem like much seeing how insignificant it is to the problems she has gone through the past 2 months. It is amazing how the Lord has answered prayer time and time again.


If anyone out there doubts that there is a God and that He loves us, then all I have to say is, go back and read each and every post Jeannette and I have shared. If you can't see God working beyond what the doctors could ever do, then you are blind and a fool. "The fool hath said in his heart there is no God" (Psalm 14:1). Even her doctors have said time and time again that there is nothing they can do to make her better. Some have even declared how her recovery, even thus far, is a miracle!


Some days bring steps backwards, that is for sure. But as she has gone along, her good days are even better than ever and her bad days are better than many of her good days 2 months ago! It is an upward trend that shows the Lord's power and goodness every step of the way. Even if she never gets any better, His goodness is still more than we deserve. But we still believe that Jesus is doing a work in our hearts and is preparing Makayla for the life He has planned for her! Again, I cannot thank you enough for your continued prayers! Much credit is to be given to all those hundreds of people praying all around the world for her!


http://jardinami.blogspot.com/2012/11/recent-makayla-update.html

http://jardinami.blogspot.com/2012/10/makayla-update.html

http://jardinami.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-just-have-to-share-makaylas-progress.html

2 comments:

  1. From my sister Irene Rush: Diane ......I am not sure how to post to this so would you please tell them for me that yes there is a Wonderful God and I will be praying for Makayla and the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, First of all I must say I am your sister in our wonderful Christ Jesus. Thank you for telling the story of Makayla. Is she related to you? I will be praying for her. There is such power in prayer.

    Also, thank you for joining our blog- The French Hen's Nest. I asked God to bless our new blog and each time someone joins I know it is HIM! We are joining your beautiful blog as well. Let's try to keep up with each other. I will put a link to your blog on our Great Blogs page.
    Blessings, Linda and Jeannie at The French Hen's Nest.

    ReplyDelete