|Photo from Briar Rose Bed & Breakfast|
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 store-bought pound cake (12 ounces), cut into cubes and stars with small star cookie cutter
- 1 (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (three 1/2-pint containers), rinsed and dried
- 3 cups fresh raspberries (two 6-ounce containers)
Slice pound cake into cubes and cut out a few star shapes to garnish top.
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with remaining 1/3
cup sugar on high speed until lightened. With mixer on medium speed,
gradually add heavy cream in a steady stream; continue beating until
mixture is light and airy (mixture will be like a very soft whipped
Arrange half the cake pieces in the bottom of a 2-quart
serving dish. Spoon half the cream-cheese mixture over cake in dollops;
spread to sides of dish. Scatter half the blueberries and raspberries on
top. Repeat layering with remaining cake, cream-cheese mixture, and
berries, piling berries in the center.
- Garnish top with star shaped cake
- Cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.