Welcome To My Morning, Relax and Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

And So The Christmas Decorating Begins



Christmas Mantle 2011

All of my neighbors have already set up  their outdoor Christmas decorations.  My street looks like a lovely winter wonderland!

 They put me in the mood to get started with my Christmas 2012 decorating challenge! This year I decided to change the look of my mantle.  I have strayed from my Victorian Nativity Scene to a Whimsical "It's A Wonderful Life" with Santa theme.  

I purchased two strands of the garland from the Lakeside Collection Catalog, and it was very inexpensive. The print from "It's A Wonderful Life" with James Stewart was a gift from my daughter Jennifer last year.  Most of the Santas/Belsnickels were gifts or souvenirs from a trip. They all  hold a warm memory that floods back into my soul each time I unpack the tote that keeps them from  year to year. 

Today I am going to decorate the kitchen tree, and hopefully get to the sideboard in the dining room.  I am going to decorate that in a Victorian style using the Nativity and Lennox Nativity Plate(a gift from Pat and Charlie my daughter Jamiann's in-laws) that usually adorns the mantle each Christmas.

Christmas Mantle 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment