Tuesday, November 27, 2012

And So The Christmas Decorating Begins



Christmas Mantle 2011

All of my neighbors have already set up  their outdoor Christmas decorations.  My street looks like a lovely winter wonderland!

 They put me in the mood to get started with my Christmas 2012 decorating challenge! This year I decided to change the look of my mantle.  I have strayed from my Victorian Nativity Scene to a Whimsical "It's A Wonderful Life" with Santa theme.  

I purchased two strands of the garland from the Lakeside Collection Catalog, and it was very inexpensive. The print from "It's A Wonderful Life" with James Stewart was a gift from my daughter Jennifer last year.  Most of the Santas/Belsnickels were gifts or souvenirs from a trip. They all  hold a warm memory that floods back into my soul each time I unpack the tote that keeps them from  year to year. 

Today I am going to decorate the kitchen tree, and hopefully get to the sideboard in the dining room.  I am going to decorate that in a Victorian style using the Nativity and Lennox Nativity Plate(a gift from Pat and Charlie my daughter Jamiann's in-laws) that usually adorns the mantle each Christmas.

Christmas Mantle 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment