Monday, October 15, 2012

He Will Never Fosake You...



The following is a Facebook post written by a friend of my friend's daughter(a lifelong friend and former neighbor from Alpha).  His daughter Makayla was severely injured when she was hit by a car in Montana September 29th.  She was flown to a hospital in Seattle, Washington.  Please keep them in your prayers and read his amazing message.

 
Receiving an award
The EEG came off today. They feel her brain activity is normal enough that they are no longer terribly concerned about seizure activity. They will just keep a close eye on her for any movements that are indicative of seizures. There haven't been a lot of changes or improvements today, well, yesterday throughout the day. They are still trying to get her heart rate and temperature to lower.

In about an hour and a half, she goes into surgery to fix and stabilize her pelvis. It's pretty major surgery from what we've been told. But praise the Lord, she is stable enough to go through it. However, it is a very uncertain time. She will be gone for a few hours at least. One never knows what can go wrong during surgery. Yet, there is God, still saying, "Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

Every morning, at some point, I go for a walk outside. I always end up at the same place; a viewing platform behind the hospital that over looks I-5, downtown Seattle, Pudget Sound, Century Link Stadium, and Safeco Field. It over looks much of the outlying area to the south as well. It is by no means quiet; traffic on the interstate, even at 2 or 3 am is busier than any interstate anywhere in Montana at any time of the day. But yet, I find solace there. I find a quietness that allows me to visit with the Lord. I love going there every morning. Something about all that darkness broken by little pieces of light here and there. I don't really know, but it has become "my spot." I get to do a lot of thinking there.
Before the injury

It has been amazing to see all the improvements that Makayla has made. She still has so long to go, but she has come so far! I love that her eyes are open more now. Every so often, she'll open her eyes throughout the night. She just lays there, staring blankly ahead. But it's something amazing. When she first wakes up, and opens her eyes, there always seems to be this uncertainty on her face, almost a fear, that she's alone. Maybe I imagine this. But I always will go up to her, take her hand, and tell her Daddy is still here. But honestly, it seems to calm her down. Its like when she wakes up, she feels alone, as if no one is there. But when she hears my voice, and feels my touch, she calms down and relaxes, and goes back to sleep. I'm sure its the same way when Jeannette is here during the day.

Now, I don't think she can see anything right now. At least, she doesn't lock her focus on anything as far as we can tell. She hears my voice, feels my presence, and knows that I am there. And that calms her down; it gives her peace. Even though she can't see me; yet she knows I am there and it calms her down.

Funny thing is, that is the way I have often felt throughout the last two weeks. I wish so much I could see God. I have talked with Him more than I probably ever have. I have cried out to Him time and time again. Yet I can't see Him.

When God says to be still and know that He is God, the Hebrew word for "know" means: "to know (or ascertain by seeing)" and can also mean to recognize, observe, as well as many other things. But I don't have to physically see to know. Just like with Makayla right now, the Lord shows Himself to us in ways we can know; ways we can feel His presence.

Like I said yesterday, last week was a week of uncertainty, fear, and doubt. Not so with this week. Although there are a ton of unanswered questions. We still have no idea how much more she'll recover, or even if, she'll recover any more than she already has. Yet, I don't feel that doubt. I don't have that fear any longer. And when those things try to creep in, the Lord "steps" up to me, takes my hand, and tells me He is right here; that He is not going anywhere. Just like I do with Makayla. And, just like Makayla, it calms me down and gives me peace.

The Lord tells us in Philippians 4:6-7, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

The word for "careful" means to be anxious. God is telling us not to be anxious about anything. We can just go to Him any time, bring Him all of our cares and concerns. But we need to remember to do it with thanksgiving. Jeannette and I are learning what it means to give thanks in everything. People may be shocked, but I do thank God for what has happened. I thank Him because of how He is working in our lives. And not in Jeannette's and mine only, but in so many other lives.

I cannot number how many people have told me that they have never been closer to the Lord than they are now. To me, that is something to be thankful for. There are lives being touched by Makayla that may never have been touched any other way. People whose relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is that much closer because of the tragedy and hardship we have gone through. I told one of my daughters that even if only one person came to place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ, and His death on the cross as payment for their sin, this all would be worth it all!

I don't know what hardships any one else is going through right now. Some people I do; most I don't. But just be still, and know that He is God. And that even if you can't see Him, He is there, with you through it all, and will never leave nor forsake you at any time!
Update since this morning: 
 
Makayla Update:

Another miracle today! The surgeon did some tests and found that Makayla's pelvis, whole fractured, is stable and congruous. Point being, it is fine and no surgery is actually needed!!! They weren't able to test it earlier because of her brain injury. So God heals and does yet another miracle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment