Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Wonderful Valentine's Tea Party and Brunch

Notice off to the left my Hibiscus bloomed for the day.

 The Valentine's Tea Party and Brunch was a huge hit!  The grandkids arrived dressed in their finest outfits and Princess dresses.  They were so thrilled to see the decorations and treats.  All were hungry and so willing to eat their picnic brunch of comfort food, crock pot of chili, and oven baked macaroni and cheese, and then on to the delightful desserts.  I baked cupcakes, and Linzer Tarts.  I made homemade heart shaped sugar cubes for the tea.  We had tea, cocoa, and root beer to drink. Jamiann made mini marshmallows dipped in white chocolate and then heart shaped sprinkles for the cocoa.

After dinner they danced to the sounds of Nat and Alex former Naked Brothers Band, Katy Perry's Fireworks, Lady Gaga, Owl City's Fireflies,  and Hot Chele Rae-Tonight. 

All my hard work and preparation didn't go unnoticed either, besides the ooos and aaaas, I received some nice Valentine's Day gifts.  My husband Roger gave me the lovely pink roses in the pictures and a Russell Stover Heart Box of chocolates, Jennifer and family gave me the top and scarf, and Jamiann and family gave me a pink scented candle.  What a wonderful day today was for my family and me.  I am blessed!

For the recipe for the Linzer Tarts click here: Linzer Tarts
To learn how to make the basket cupcakes or heart shaped sugar cubes click here:  Cupcakes & Sugar Cubes
To learn how to make extraordinary marshmallows to top off a nice cup of hot chocolate click here Mallows With Pizzazz



No comments:

Post a Comment