Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day-Don't Want To Burst Your Bubble But....




For the most part groundhogs hibernate from October and all the way up until April sometimes.  No Groundhog with a lick of sense would come out on February the second.    Most of them build a separate borrow that is dug below the frost line and remains at a stable temp well above freezing during these months. 


I have a groundhog who lives under my shed.  He has been living there for several years.  My neighbor wants him dead as he eats his garden in the summer.  I feel sorry for him, and actually have prayed for him.  I know that is silly.  I really don't mind killing stink bugs though!


Now there you go...the stink bug.  How about Stink Bug Day.  That would definitely be a better choice of predicting the coming of warmer weather.  Whenever we have a warmer day like we had on Sunday the Stink Bug appears.   

Today there is quite an overcast here in Berks County, PA yet they say that Phil saw his shadow in Punxsutawney, PA.  Most likely the result of a barrage of camera flashes!


Happy Groundhog Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment