Welcome To My Morning, Relax and Enjoy!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Snowflake Decorative Felt Mittens


This is an easy art project.  The adult can do the cutting and gluing and the children can decorate them.

I created a mitten template using a paper plate, I then used that to cut the mittens out of felt rectangles purchased at Walmart for 23 cents each/made 4 mitten halves per sheet.  I bought five white, and five blue.  The foam snowflakes came from Oriental Trading $6.00 for 400 of them of various shapes and sizes. 

After all the mittens were cut out I used hot glue to glue two together by running the glue just inside the edges leaving the bottom open as in a regular mitten that can be worn. I pressed the top mitten evenly on the bottom one. Then I laid them out as though the were a pair and we then placed the foam snowflakes on them. The foam snowflakes have a peel away back that makes them stick fast to a surface. 

Later today we are going to place them on a twine clothesline for the grand-kids joint birthday party with a snow/snowman theme. I will post more pictures of the party in another post. 



10 sheets of felt created 20 pairs of mittens.  Approximately 3 3/4 inches in length, and 2 1/2 inches side to thumb.

Hang them on your tree, on a clothesline garland, or use them for party favors as they can be filled with a few candies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment