Sunday, August 14, 2011

Diane's Best Ever Strawberry Shortcake






Bisquick biscuits:
  • 4 2/3 cups Bisquick baking mix
  • 6 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 cup milk
  • 6 Tbsp sugar
The strawberry shortcake biscuit recipe used to be on the side of the Bisquick box. For some unfathomable reason, the company has started to print the recipe on the inside of the box.
Heat oven to 425°F. Stir baking mix, melted butter, milk, and 6 Tbsp of sugar in a mixing bowl until soft dough forms. Divide dough into halves. Pat each half into a circle the size of a small dinner plate, transfer onto a greased cookie sheet or I prefer parchment paper. I then sliced it with a sharp knife as though you were cutting a pie, make an X then sliced through the middle of the X horizontally and then vertically. (I did this step to make it easier to cut when ready to serve) Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Two quarts of fresh strawberries
Wash 2 quarts of fresh strawberries, put aside the 8 best looking strawberries leaving the stem and leaves intact. Next clean and cut the remaining strawberries, add sugar as to your preference of sweetening. Stir, let sit about an hour. Drain the juices off.
Next you will assemble about 45 minutes before serving. I placed the eight triangular shaped biscuits on my serving plate in a circular fashion. I used a small container of cool whip because it holds up better than whip cream, but you can choose what to use. I then spread the cool whip over the biscuits making it fluffy around the parameter, I then added half of the strawberries.
Next I added the second set of eight triangular shaped biscuits placing them evenly atop the strawberries aligning with the lower set of biscuits. Then I spread 2/3 of the second small container of cool whip over the biscuits in the center, also making if fluffy around the parameter of the center, and added the remaining strawberries to the very center(see photo . Lastly I placed 8 dollops of the remaining cool whip, one to each wedge (see photo) and placed the whole strawberry in the middle. Serves 8.
* I had slightly altered this recipe for the cake in the photo, as it was to serve 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment