Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas?

I say Merry Christmas, but would also say Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate Hanukkah. I do not wish to force my religion on anyone, but to me the actual Jesus Christ came with the message of Unconditional Love and Peace and that is a wonderful message to spread to anyone. It is man who has misconstrued the meaning of his birth, life, and death. The Pharisees instigated his death, because he did not subscribe to their philosophy and interpretation of laws. He told them the greatest law was to Love God your Father with all your heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself. I also know that Jesus would have celebrated Hanukkah. 



The best gifts to give this season is unconditional love, acceptance, and forgiveness. I have heard judgmental people who claim to be Christians say we should not put up a Christmas tree or spread the belief in Santa Clause. Well to them I say, "Yes, Jesus gives us our gifts and one of them was Santa Clause!" My Godmother always said, "Your Christmas Tree is your Christmas Card to Jesus!" When I decorate my tree each ornament has a meaning and a memory, some from when my girls were children, some from those who have since passed on. Decorating my tree is a heart warming, loving experience. Christ was all for Love and Peace not creating drama over tradition! Say whatever you feel good about saying! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment