Sunday, November 27, 2011

Just In Time For Christmas, written by my friend David Zippel

One of my favorite Christmas songs was written by an old friend David Zippel.  To learn more about David go  to my blog at Blue Mountain Road and read about this amazing lyricist: http://bluemountainroad.blogspot.com/2011/11/david-zippel-local-legend-and-my-friend.html

Why not have a man of the Hebrew Faith write a beautiful and poignant song about Christmas? Dave joins the ranks of Irving Berlin/ White Christmas, and Ralph Blane and Hugh Martin/Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.  Here is a list of many other Jewish Lyricists who wrote wonderful Christmas songs: http://www.interfaithfamily.com/arts_and_entertainment/popular_culture/The_Jews_Who_Wrote_Christmas_Songs_2010.shtml

 Just In Time For Christmas
Lyrics David Zippel, Music David Friedman


They had decked the malls and trimmed the town with plastic trees
Till the world was just a giant retail maze
Tis the season when you turn your thoughts to people you can't please
When you measure passing time in shopping days
And the holidays were something to get through
But the thing I hadn't counted on was you

Just in time for Christmas you came along
Just in time for Christmas when everything felt wrong
And I was sure my faith had all run out
Just in time for Christmas you showed me what Christmas is about

What I needed most could not be bought at any price
I was far to disillusioned then to see
I was going through the motions made a list and checked it twice and forgot to write down anything for me
But my long unspoken wishes had been heard
And an unexpected miracle occurred.

Just in time for Christmas one silent night
Just in time for Christmas you filled my life with light
And there was joy where there had once been doubt
Just in time for Christmas you showed me what Christmas is about

And all at once the bells began to ring
and hark the herald I heard angels sing
Whom am I to resist their call
You brought me the greatest gift of all

and now my spirits sing
just in time my heart is caroling
From deep within my soul I want to shout
Just in time for Christmas
Just in time for Christmas
Just in time for Christmas you showed me what Christmas is about








This video is of poor quality but the voice of the late Nancy LaMott is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment