Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've Been Spoiled

This is my silly little blog about how some simple little things have spoiled me. We recently rented a car to use when attending our friend John's award ceremony at Rutgers University.

Since we only needed it for the day, I chose the cheapest, smallest car that would get great gas mileage. We ended up with a Chevy Cobalt. I got into the little red car, drove it to the nearest gas station. I decided to go in and use their ATM as it was my bank's ATM and wanted some cash. I was killing two birds with one stone, as I needed to find the gas cap side.

As I stepped out of the car I immediately noticed that there was no "chirper" on the key chain to use a keyless locking mechanism. So then I reached in toward the place on the door where four door automatic lock buttons are located, and noticed there wasn't one. I had to physically reach around the inside of the car and lock the doors. "What no electric locks!" I immediately looked for the window up/down button, "Oh no crank window handles!" "What a piece of crap!"

Wow, have I become spoiled. Even my husband's 95 Ford van has electric locks and windows. It doesn't have the "chirper" on the key chain though. I can't wait till my husband finally has my PT Cruiser repaired. It has all of those new-fangled electric gadgets that I so love to use.

Yes, I've been spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment