Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dining Room Chair Thanksgiving Embelishment ~ DIY


All my supplies were purchased at the K &S Flower and Vine Warehouse that is located on Rt. 183N,  7.1 miles north of I-78 in Auburn, PA. It is the third exit after Cabelas. It is also just outside the front gate to our community of Lake Wynonah, PA.


I purchased three bunches, two Autumn leaves & such, and one of yellow daisy like flowers for $3.99 each. I then bought two 10 yd. rolls of wide woven plaid ribbon at $3.99 each. The entire project costing $20.00 + tax - equaling $2.50 a chair.




Using wire cutters I cut all of the flowers from the bunch leaving the stem about three inches long.I wanted the centers of the flowers to be brown like a sunflower so I stained them carefully blotting the center with a heated wet tea bag. I cut the other two bunches of autumn silks apart and created bunches as in the following photo.


I then cut the ribbon into 8 strips of a yard each,  also 8 strips of 2ft. each to use for the bow tie. See as in the following photo:


The 1 yard strip is threaded through the first two cross section rungs of the chair, looped around the third and I then tucked in the bouquet and snugly tied it to that third rung. I slid the 2 ft. ribbon through bringing it around and tied two loops of ribbon into a bow.  

 I had considered using burlap ribbon which is $5.99 a roll at K & S for ten yards, however I did like that this woven plaid ribbon matched the Autumn table cloth I had purchased last year at The Christmas Tree Shop in the mall on Airport Road South, Bethlehem, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment