Saturday, March 9, 2013

Redecorating The Kitchen In My New Home





I just signed a contract to purchase the above home. I have the closing date in a few weeks and excited about redecorating.  I love to decorate and my head is overflowing with ideas! Here are a few of my ideas.  The following is my strategy to lighten up the kitchen and give it the simple elegance of  the "Shabby Chic" style.



I have decided to paint the cabinets and island the color in the photo below. I also plan on adding some texture to the island using molding. We are going to paint the blades(to match the walls) on the overhead ceiling fan too.  The walls will also be the same as the color of the walls below, and of course a new refrigerator and stove.


Aside from painting it the same as the cabinets I am going to embellish the island with crown moulding. Below are some examples:

I am also going to remove the ceiling fan from the dining area and put that in the living room area. The living room fan will be placed in the family room on the lower level.  

In the place of the ceiling fan of the dining area will be the following chandelier that I have been using in my present home.

Easter 2012


I may also add wall lighting on each side of the L. Basse't oil on canvas painting that is now above the sideboard in the above photo. This painting will be on the wall of the dining area.

No comments:

Post a Comment