Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Mother You Can Trust

Diane July 1952
When I was a child I depended on my mother for everything.  I was one of the lucky ones because my mother was dependable.  She took care of my every need with pure unconditional love and understanding.  She instilled in all of her children the ability to forgive and love everyone with that same unconditional love. Her two favorite bible quotes were: Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.  And  Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

The message I understood throughout my time on earth with this blessed soul I knew as Mom was that whatever I did here on earth should always have the common goal of lifting up others, forgive myself for my mistakes as well as forgiving others for their mistakes, and to live as though Heaven meant something to me.  

She had shown us by example that prayer is necessary to keep an open dialogue between us and our God.  That just as surely as we knew we could trust her, we can put our complete trust in God because God is dependable.  



"I am so thankful that I had the kind of mother who could be trusted!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment