Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Family Easter Celebration

"Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life! " ~Albert Einstein

On Easter Sunday our family had a warm and loving celebration honoring this very special day when our savior Jesus Christ overcame death to spread his message of Grace to the world.

Both my daughters and their husbands and children, my cousin Kathy and her pregnant daughter Rachaelyn with husband Garrett, and son Matthew, and my husband and I had a truly wonderful time.  The kids had an egg hunt, everyone got prizes and cash. My granddaughter Abigayle said grace at dinner.  Abby and Lilyana helped me bake, both daughters and their husbands helped with so much to make this day so special.  Even little Maggie and Jacob helped in getting the house in tip top shape.  Because I have spinal column injuries I was having a very painful week, and they all pitched in to help me with everything. I am so blessed and grateful for my family!

We had Hawaiian Ham, Stuffed Cabbage, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Asparagus, Carrots, Green Bean Medley, Cole Slaw, Deviled Eggs, Pickled Eggs, Home Baked Bread, Pistachio Pineapple Pudding, Sugar Cookies, Linzer Tarts,  Lemon Meringue Cake, Toasted Coconut Chocolate Birds-nest Cupcakes, Homemade Peanut Butter, and Coconut Cream Eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment